Facial Implants Houston
Dr. Clayton Moliver specializes in state-of-the-art plastic surgery procedures that enhance your natural features and create a sexy, youthful appearance. Dr. Moliver offers innovative treatments in facial plastic surgery and can correct many types of facial imperfections, as well as treat signs of premature aging. The leading procedures offered at his Houston practice include facial implants, facelift or face lift, brow lift, eyelid lift (blepharoplasty), and cheek or chin augmentation.
Facial Implant Technique
The procedure follows a similar pattern for all facial areas. The surgeon makes a small incision near where the implant will be placed, either in a crease or inside the mouth at the gum/lip junction. Then a pocket is made in the facial tissue, the implant inserted, and the incision is stitched. The process generally takes 1 to 2 hours, usually with general anesthesia. The incision is bandaged or taped, and stitches are removed in 5 to 10 days (sutures placed inside the mouth will dissolve in a similar period of time). Sometimes facial implants are inserted at the same time as a facelift, nose or eyelid procedure is performed.
Benefits of a Facial Implant Surgery
- Return to work and other normal activity within a week.
- Generally performed in the surgeon’s office or an outpatient surgical center.
- Adds aesthetically pleasing contour to the face.
- Results are essentially permanent.
Other Items to Consider When Seeking Facial Implants
- Infection may occur. If the infection persists, the implant may have to be removed and replaced at a later time
- Shifting of the implant is another possibility
- Postoperative bruising and swelling may occur with mild/moderate discomfort for 1 to 2 days
- Strenuous activity and rough contact to the implant area must be avoided for 4 to 6 weeks
- Patients with gum or dental problems will want to confer with their dentist
- Are you wondering if a facial implant could improve the appearance of your chin or cheekbones? Our unique computerized video imaging system allows us to show our patients the expected results of surgery prior to surgery.
How Much Will Facial Implant Surgery Cost?
Cost is always a consideration in elective surgery.
We always present our plastic surgery consultation patients with a “fee quote.” This fee includes:
- Surgeon’s professional fee
- Implant fee
- Facility fee
- Anesthesia fee
It does not include any laboratory tests, preoperative examinations, garments or postoperative prescriptions.
Please see our Payment Options for more information regarding facial implant cost.
Maintaining a Relationship with Your Facial Plastic Surgeon
You will return to our office for follow up care at prescribed intervals, at which time your progress will be evaluated.
Please remember that our relationship with you does not end when you leave the operating room. If you have questions or concerns during your recovery, or need additional information at a later time, you should contact us.
Complimentary Consultation for Facial Implant Surgery
For more information about our facial surgery procedures near Houston, including nose reshaping, go back to the top and follow the links. When you are ready to talk with Dr. Moliver in person, you can request a complimentary consultation online or call 281.282.9555 to schedule your visit.
See examples of facial implants from Houston in our Photo Gallery.